NEW TESDA PROCEDURES IN APPLICATION FOR ASSESSMENT AND CERTIFICATION- SEAFARERS RATINGS AND FOR THE RENEWAL OF COC
The Technical Education and Skills Development Authority (TESDA) released its NEW PROCEDURES in applying for Assessment and Certification - Seafarers Ratings and for the renewal of COCfor your information and guidance:
STEP 1- Submit the ff. requirements in a LONG BROWN ENVELOPE to MACU:
1. Duly accomplished Application Form
2. Three (3) pieces of colored picture wearing a white uniform with collar. Picture should be PASSPORT SIZE (3.5cm x4.5cm with head size ranging from 27mm to 31 mm)
3. Original copy of COC/STCW Certificate
4. Original copy of Medical Certificate in PEME form
5. Original and certified true copy of Seafarer Identification Record Book (SIRB) with embarkation/disembarkation records
6. Original copy of Certificate of seagoing service issued by manning agency or company using prescribed form - S29/0702
STEP 2- Get Order of Payment from Accounting Office (4th Flr., TESDA Main Bldg.).
STEP 3- Pay Assessment Fee to the Cashier (3rd Flr., TESDA Main Bldg.)
STEP 4- Return to MACU and present Official Receipt (OR) and get Admission Slip.
STEP 5 - Return to MACU after 3 working days from the date of filing of application. Present the following in claiming your Competency Assessment Result Summary (CARS):
1. Official Receipt
2. Admission Slip
3. Valid Identification Card (ID)
STEP 6- Proceed to TESDA NCR (Gate 2) after 7 working days from the receipt of CARS (if the RESULT is COMPETENT from the release of COC).
STEP 7- Rework requirements (if the result of CARS is NOT YET COMPETENT) based on assessor's recommendation and submit them to MACU. Then repeat Steps 2-6.
For RENEWAL OF COC, please directly visit the MACU Office (Gate 2, TESDA Complex, East Service Road, South Superhighway, Taguig, Metro Manila) or contact them at telephone number 817-4081 loc. 159.
For more information you may also visit the TESDA website at www.tesda.gov.ph.